What are BIM Standards?
BIM Standards are everything that CAD Standards are with the added element of data and information management. The Revit model holds more information which makes it a powerful collaboration tool. BIM Standards offer guidelines for keeping this information organized and clearly communicated to the project team.
How do we do this?
- Standard file naming, view & sheet naming and organization
- Methodologies documentation describing the ‘best practices’ for the way models and documents are put together.
- Line weights, Line Types & other Graphic Settings
- Extensive Revit Templates
- Custom Revit 3D Families
- Custom Revit 2D Content (annotation, symbols, detail components, etc.)
- BIM Execution Plans and Project Kickoff meetings